08 June 2010

Farm Chicks Weekend....

So I think I'm still slowing down my breathing from The Farm Chicks show on Saturday and Sunday. 

A-MAZ-ING.  

Way more intense than I had imagined, and totally better than I imagined too!

I loved meeting all the women I read and talk to so often.  The thing I loved the most was the fact that it was never awkward.  It was more like a family reunion.  So great!

Something I would also like to share, is that my truck is still loaded up.  haha!  And the back seat...and the front seat.....all my LITTLE treasures came in with me last night though.

Here are some pictures I managed to snap while running around frantically :)


So I got to meet Amber, who's pretty much the coolest.  She's such a sweetheart!  I am so glad I finally got to meet her! :)

But wait, I should back up and show you the line to get in...the line that we were somehow lucky enough NOT to be at the back of!



It goes way down there.  I heard there were about 4,000 people there!  Yeah, I forgot how I sometimes get a little anxious in huge crowds...but it was SO WORTH IT.

Also, its very challenging to take pictures while walking in....but again, worth it. 



And then the absolutely fun chaos began...



Here's Vanessa's first purchase of the day! That really fun green cabinet behind her....love it!!



This is the Retreat Style booth...and it was so beautiful!  I loved the display and all the colors.  It was so awesome!



Just another shot of the Retreat booth....LOVE that enamel sink unit!


This booth is from Wild Whimsy...and I bought my amazing farm table from them at the Vintage Barn show last fall...which I can't wait to go to this year!!




Next up is Ormolulu....with that amazing coin laundry sign...that I desperately wanted...even though it would never fit anywhere in the house, except in parts. 

I don't think "coi laun" would have the same effect though...





Eli was with us too, he was such a trooper!  So good all day.  Look at this face!



And this one...ha!!

He no lika-da-squash.



Then this moment was pretty high up there....:) 

What a down to earth, awesome woman!  I got some amazing soaps from her booth.  I tried to snap some pictures of it, but boy it was so full everytime I went by! Suffice it to say it was BEAUTIFUL.  Heather Bullard has an amazing eye for design, that's for sure!



We paused to have a picture taken of our little group...sorry its a bit blurry.  Love that carnation truck though!! Ahh!



I was pretty much obsessed with these drawer units.  I so wish I could afford one!!!



And this was the most unique piece!  It wasn't for sale, I dont' think...but on the map, it was just labeled "Cake."  I love it.  Seriously a cool display!



Sea Fans are my new favorite thing.  I LOVE these.  I bought the coolest little bottle I'll have to take a picture of....it has a sea fan saudered to the top.  Like the Greyfreth bottles...AAAAH IN LOVE.





I'm feeling really guilty now..I'm just realizing that some of these pictures....I don't remember where they were at!  Let me know if you know, and I'll credit accordingly!

Here's what I REALLY wanted...if I had an extra 1600.00 laying around, this would have been MINE.





There are so many things in that picture that I need. :)


This was hands down my favorite booth...its where I got my sea fan bottle that I'll post pictures of later...ohhh boy.

What a fun day!

PS.....WE GOT THE FARMHOUSE!!!!!

Post & pictures to follow soon... 

26 comments:

Rebecca Lewis said...

Looks like it was amazing...wish I didn't live so far away!

Samantha2818 said...

I'm SO jealous. There is SO much stuff I love in your photos - I can fully understand your obsession with all the drawer units - they would have been my choice too. Even if I ever get to go there I wouldn't be able to buy anything as I'd have to get it back to the UK. BUM!! I don't thinks it's fair you posting pictures like this and tormenting me!!! :)
~Sam

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

Thanks for sharing those photos! What fun!
-Trish

Shannon said...

Looks like a great time, so jealous.
Congratulations on the new Farmhouse!!!!

bullie_mama said...

YAY for Farm Chicks! It was SO.MUCH.FUN!!! Your pics are great, makes me smile - I remember every single one of those booths. And that Retreat Style booth was my absolute favorite - I didn't know they were near Camano Island! And that booth with the big, old, white urns - HEAVEN! I wish I could've stayed both days but I was only there for about 4.5 hours and I still feel cheated. ;-) I got some fun stuff, can't wait to see your fabulous finds too! -Sara.

Kristin said...

oh...sigh...how i wish i could have gone!! it looks absolutely fabulous!! i'm afraid i would have lost all self control and drained my bank account!! ;0)
congrats on the farmhouse!!

Shell said...

Just posted my last bit about my adventure there,,,,it was fantastic! My first year.

Your pics are fabulous! Thanks for following me too, I recently added you.

Now,,,,back to painting my studio! Ughh!

Can't wait to see what you found!

Hugs,
Shell

Martha said...

looks amazing...thank you for sharing sooo many pictures!!!! Congrats on your farmhouse!!! can't wait for you:)

Unknown said...

Wow! What an amazing time you must have had! So glad you got to go. I don't know how you managed to NOT buy everything!

Nancy

Ormolulu said...

So good to meet you at my second Farm Chicks Show, and THANK YOU for including my COIN LAUNDRY sign in your post (which sold very quickly). Ian is a living doll . . . with or without squash!

Celeste Shaw of Chaps Restaurant and her friend, Chris, found the objects that went into the industrial "Cake" (the name of her new restaurant addition), which was skillfully built by Lana & Erika of Deja Neu.

Dawn of Great Findz had the black sea fans and red coral. Hope that helps! You're a new addition to Ormolulu's blog roll, my sweet!

Debi

Ormolulu said...

. . . oops, ELI (not Ian)!!!!!!

xo D.

Amber Strehle said...

Yay!! I'm famous..double chin and all!!:) Thanks for the sweet shout out..I happen to know the guy who bought that coi lan (um your funny!)sign...do you need his number?? I'm glad you got the farmhouse..looking forward to some pic's!

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Yay! Congrats on the farmhouse! And I love the farm chicks photos! I could have gone crazy there. You must post a pic of the sea fan bottle up close. Looks awesome.

Unknown said...

great pictures, thanks for sharing them, i wish i could get there one of these years!

WILD WHIMSY CHRONICLES said...

Thank you for the shout out!
You are a sweetheart!
Congrats on getting the farmhouse!

Wild Whimsy

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

OMG the farmhouse!! Wow, can't wait to see :) Love all your pictures, how fun!!
XO

Anonymous said...

you're right...Amber is the sweetest!
When you're at the Vintage Barn Sale come say 'hi' @ the Vintage Charm booth! Elaine

Hollie Joy In The Morning said...

So great to meet you, so many beautiful things to see again! And the baby pictures are priceless=)
Hollie

Maison Douce said...

It was so nice to meet you and put a face to the name.... I am so glad you stopped by to say hello!!!! Your blog is awesome!
Isabel

Unknown said...

I'm still on cloud 9! On my way home today. I'm so sad to have missed you. Your photo's are great. I found Sweet Peaks and went to the Whitefish Market on Tuesday. Where in Somers is your show? Hopefully see you in July.
So glad you got the farm!

kasey said...

congrats on the farmhouse....you deserve it.
xo

Junebug Furniture and Design said...

Hi! I'm finally getting back to blogging. Thank you so much for the sweet comment, so happy you enjoyed the Farm Chicks, it was amazing, wasn't it??!! I'm so sorry I didn't get to meet you, we were so busy, if you come to Vintage Barn, please stop by and say Hi! I hope you can plan a trip over in October, for our 'Mad Hatter Event', we have some awesome artists/vendors, I'm sure it will be magical. Glad & Celia/Junebug

Greyfreth said...

Send me the bottle and I'll put a sea fan on it for you. Happy unbirthday! =)
email me - Isa@greyfreth.com

xo Isa

Greyfreth said...

I should learn to read more thoroughly. (haha) I thought you said you wished it had a sea fan on it! Sorry about that :)
Sea fans are my favorite, too - so dreamy and otherworldly.

xo Isa

Molly W. said...

FC was amazing! The $1600.00 piece was from deja neu (I know b/c I stared at it for a LONG time and considered it myself!). :)

Kim G. said...

Great shots of the show this year!