10 June 2010

Green Acres...

"Is the place to be....

Faaarm Livin' is brand-new-to-me-but-I'm-super-excited-to-give-it-a-try-and-there's-a-barn-and-its-super-cute-so-what-am-i-saying-it's-definitely....theeee life for me!"

Can't even tell you how ready I am to get those keys in my hand and start moving stuff in!



Welcome to 285 Jellison Rd.

My new home!

I am so excited because as you know, losing the house was never really something I A).  liked to talk about, or B).  looked forward to.

But now that everyone's gonna be "jellison" of our new farmhouse...I'm over it.  Hah, just kidding....but seriously, prayers have definitely been answered and I am so so so grateful!

Oh boy, where to start...I'll give you a little photo tour...



This is the driveway coming in, and the field where I really want to have a croquet tournament! Complete with picnic and fun attire!









Looking from one outbuilding to another...



Past the treeline in the backyard..



The red barn in the backyard...

Lets head inside now...



The homeowners built on this deck, and a master bedroom to expand the original house.  We're going to use that as our living room, and make the dining room HUGE.



Just a shot of the living room...can't give the WHOLE thing away yet...I need to save that for when we actually move in.. :)



This is the dining room, coming in from the master on the right...  hopefully we can paint the walls (or use removeable wallpaper), maybe put up a chair rail trim or some wainscoating.... and the gold on that stove can come off...and take that window treatment down ;)



Looking into the kitchen...which needs HELP. haha



The bones are amazing, and there's hardwood under them there floors....waiting to be explored....and exposed....for the love of all that is good, I HOPE WE CAN GET RID OF THAT CURRENT LINOLEUM CONGLOMERATION....my farmhouse light will go so perfectly up there in place of that current fixture as well...



So the bathroom really isn't that white...I messed with the colors to change it.  It's really pink.  Like peachy pink.  That needs to go as well haha...its a big bathroom though, and would look great with some tall wainscoating!


If you go back into the dining room and look right, there are stairs going up to what will be our master bedroom....



Our master bedroom and sitting room...possibly someday a nursery?


Oh the possibilities are really endless......hope you had fun taking a sneak peek!  We should be moving things in this weekend and then I'll have more pictures for you!  Thanks for all the awesome words of encouragement!  Love you all!!



33 comments:

Angela said...

It has so many possibilities...congratulations!! After you recover from the move, you'll have so much fun making it truly yours!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad I'm a follower because I don't want to miss seeing how you turn this home into your very own. As you said, there's huge potential! It's very quaint and the outbuildings are very cool, too.

Nancy

Unknown said...

Oh my...this is wonderful! I love it and cannot wait to see what you do with it all and travel the decorating journey with you. It is going to look amazing!

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh I'm super jealous....the land is beautiful and that house will be so wonderful once you get moved in and make it yours!!

Michelle Hughes said...

it is perfect! You will be super duper happy there!

Dreamy Whites said...

Jana,
I was supposed to be headed out the door and noticed you just posted, I didn't want to miss it. OH it is going to be so cute! I can't wait to see what you do with this. YOu have the prettiest view ever too! My husband and I always dreamed of living in the Kalispell area. I don't think it is going to ever happen, I would love to move into that house! Congratulations!!!!
Have a wonderful day!
Take Care,
Your friend from California,
Maria

P.S. I love your attitude! You are the best!!

Samantha2818 said...

Hey Jana,
I am gobsmacked! What an amazing location - I would live in a tent to have views like that. So much land. Gorgeous property. You are going to have so much fun making this place your own. What an amazing opportunity to come out of such a horrible situation. I'm really excited for you both.
~Sam x

Cheyenne said...

Gosh, this will be so, so cute! I bet you can't sleep at night---just dreaming of all the possibilities!

There is nothing better than country living! Hooray for you! I couldn't be more excited!!

PS-What a beautiful view!

Marie@Procrastinating in Pink said...

I love the new place and the land is gorgeous!! It will be fun to make it your own!

Amber Strehle said...

You did GOOD girl with those pic's!! Looks like a very fun place..I'm totally diggin those kitchen cabinets..hot:) When you have your croquet party..I will expect an invite!

PaisleyJade said...

Beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

I'm green with country living envy! I can't believe that view! Those out outbuildings! The potential of that house! Can I exclaim anymore;-)I can't wait to see more.

Martha said...

so beautiful! can't wait to see more:) Congratulations!!!!

Lisa said...

That's going to be great! I just found you this morning, read your entire blog and fell in love.

COTTAG3 said...

You are right. The possibilities are endless. Congratulations. I can't wait to follow the projects. Those outdoor photos are spectacular...the perfect setting for a farmhouse.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I had to look over this post several times...I'm still jealous beyond belief! I am so thrilled and happy for you both that you found this wonderful place to start over. It's the perfect place to start your simple life and I can hardly wait to see what you do with it. I'm sure you will make it into a comfortable country home ~
What I wouldn't do to have a place like this - how on earth did you find it??? Lucky Girl!

Sarah :)

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Oh my goodness, it's gorgeous, the grounds are amazing! I can't wait to see what you do with it! COngrat's to you!!Lots of love!!

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful. Congratulations. I can't wait to see more.

Joyeful said...

Can I move next door? Or maybe in the barn? The barn is totally cool!! Wow! The property is just gorgeous! We want to move out on a little farm sooooo bad! The pics you took have such a great feel! ALL the pics you take look fabulous!! I am loving your blog!!! It's definitely a new favorite! I WISH I could come see you at The Vintage Whites Market! I've been drooling over your market pictures. It looks like a dream and I would absolutely positively love to meet you! I'm so excited b/c I feel like I've just met a new best friend : )

Martha Carolyn said...

I absolutely love it. I love it, love it, love it! I can't say it enough!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! :) Just found your blog.

Little Emma English Home said...

Jana, it's a great house!! It requires some works to be done but you will transform it I know!! COngrats on your new home, is adorable!! xx Zaira

michelle b @ every little thing inspired said...

i'm totally jellison! heck ya, that's a house i'd be happy in! lucky lucky gal!
stop by for a giveaway!!
xoxo

Anne Lorys said...

Absolutely AMAZING!
A dream come true, that's fer sure! :-)

Darla said...

As far as I am concerned you hit the jackpot here!! I adore every photo you have shared...oh and a field of wildflowers.......

Unknown said...

Where's Jana? I searched for you. All of Whitefish is looking for you. I found Sweet Peaks the day they had their grand opening.
I'm so excited for you and the farm house. I hope the owners know how lucky they are and will let you take over.
I will keep hunting for you in July!
Enjoy your days!

Lauren B said...

Beautiful! Hey you mentioned wainscot... let me metion to you intrig's wainscot! Its where i reside 3-4 hours of the week (not as a salesman, but i'll take my shot) no, it is a really amazing product! Check it out at intrig.net. we can sent you a packet of info it you'd like! Leave a comment on my blog with what you think of this product!

Julia said...

Your house is wonderful and the views are amazing! I can't wait to see what you do with it:). Congratulations. You are going to love farm life:).

~Julia

robin laws said...

i came here via amber at tres birds and when i saw the first images of your new home i felt a lump form in my throat. all my growing up years i told my mother i would live on a farm when i grew up. i have never seen anything quite as close to what was in my imagination as this wonderful place. may your new home be filled with the gift of love, friendship and grace.
robin

Jess Herbig said...

yaay you got it!! so happy for you! Can't wait to see what you do with that crackle paint on the kitchen cabinets!

Hollie Joy In The Morning said...

Wow, girl! What an awesome and very photogenic property! Can't imagine the fun junking you can do just on/in your house and property alone! Enjoy and congratulations!
Hollie
funky junk

Kiri said...

That looks like a great place! You seem to have a good foundation to work with and you have so many cute ideas already! I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with the place to make it "yours". I'm hoping for some good "renters" tips ;) Have a great day!
~Kiri

{darlene} said...

Love me a good farmhouse!!!
Our farmhouse... sigh.... bless its heart. It is a love affair... but more expensive and needs more diapers than my babies.
ha!