No, seriously Romeo, I understand that you think its all so the founder of Hallmark can drive a very nice car and eat bon-bons all day, but I still love it. And the chocolate. Oh..the chocolate.
Just kidding, Mr. Tanner always does really amazing things for Valentines Day. Last year, I came home to this:
All of the food was prepared by him (and covered since I was about 45 minutes late coming home, oops haha) And he dressed up the candle holders. Everything crafty, he made. Be still, my heart.
He can still show me where things are in Joanns when I'm lost...
The tall cylinder is a covered, decorated pringles can filled with 100 reasons why he loves me. I keep it on my nightstand, and I usually reach in and pull one out to read every night. He is the best. In fact, maybe I should let you in on a few other reasons why...
- He lets me pile up my socks at the end of the bed, even though he hates it. He calls it my sock garden.
- In the morning, he makes sure my car is started, warmed up, and all the snow and ice is off of it. Every morning.
- Not only does he encourage me to keep creating, but he HELPS me to create. Thats huge to me.
- He is the best listener I know
- It doesn't matter if I wear makeup or not, pjs or not, zits or not, he always compliments me and sincerely means it.
- We can laugh about things like confusing our dogs with noises...
- He doesn't get mad at me when I break the glass globe on a pendant light it took him 2 hours to install
- If a huge football game is on, and I come in the room, he lets me know we can change the channel if I'm not interested in watching.
- He never belittles me
- He washes dishes as much as I do
- He comes up with baby names too
He even lets me decorate the house any way I want for V-day. The only banned decorations in our house are Easter decorations (which is just a long standing joke between us). He draws the line at creepy bunnies who hide eggs. Which is kind of weird if you think about it.
Valentines Day is always hard for me, because what do you get a guy? Besides the obvious stuff, I'd like to do something really creative and fun for him. What do you ladies do?
I always try to find really random greeting cards to give him, like last year, I found one that had a little picture of an ice cube melting in the sun, and it said "Even if I was this piece of ice, and you were the sun, I would stay out all day long." We love those kinds of cards.
Speaking of, what crafty items are you guys making this year? Here are a few inspirations of mine...
Such cute little crafts! Stay tuned for an Esty store grand opening celebration!
(This would mark one resolution down, and a few more to go!!)
**All images from Flickr**