02 August 2010

Weekend Wedding

I got to help decorate an amazing wedding and reception on Saturday.  The bride made pretty much everything herself, including the terrariums, centerpieces, signs, etc.  Vanessa, Rachel and I had a blast putting everything together...




Wild baby's breath and pillows that Rae made.  Pillows that will be at our next market...



Amazing terrariums, burlap, mercury glass, and roses covering the table...





She made the cake plates out of vintage floral patterned dishes, and milk glass vases...

I love the sign as well...Tanner and I consider ourselves nomads at heart so we REALLY love it.



Baby food jars made for excellent vases.  The pale pink roses were gorgeous against the green and tan.





I love me some brown boots...

All the bridesmaids wore navy dresses that complimented every. single. color. that Rae used.



We dined on pork with huckleberry barbeque sauce, honey mustard potato salad with dill, and so many cheesecakes and pies it would make your head spin.  All the food was organic and presented beautifully.



A station to "freshen up" outside the bathrooms...



Succulent succulents and roses :)



An absolutely amazing tent made with lace, satin, muslin, and a beatiful hanging light so that guests could "cozy up" and beat the heat.  Some of you may recognize this tent from the Farm Chicks show at the Station 8 Antiques booth...



Burlap and fun green fabric in embroidery hoops display family photos...









Barnwood centerpieces housing loose bouquets of wild baby's breath..



Tanner took this picture...I love it.



So romantic...



DIY weddings are where it's at for sure.  I had so much fun, despite the heat!  Beatiful bride, beautiful wedding, I'm so glad her day was perfect! 

P.S. Here's the ironstone picture I promised you Friday ;)



Slowly but surely building that collection up!   I found a marmalade jar at the thrift store, love the writing on it.  The perfect contrast in the cabinet.



Adios for today...

32 comments:

Sarah said...

This wedding looks so whimsicle. I love it. A lot of my wedding was DIY and that's what made it so fun and personal.

Samantha2818 said...

Looks like it was a really lovely and relaxed wedding. Definitely the best kind. We had a DIY wedding 16 years ago and think we were considered 'tight' by some people but we didn't want any of the expensive pretentiousness that is so often found at weddings. If only we didn't live in Wales we may have been able to have an outdoor wedding! Even in August here though there is a pretty good chance of rain!
Everything looks amazing - I'm sure they'll never forget their special day.
~Sam

Katie said...

what a BEAUTIFUL wedding...we went down the same diy route and I think it's the best way to go!! Beautiful ironstone by the way--I really need to start looking for that, where are good places to find it?

P.S. If you have a second, would you mind giving me your opinion on my painting dilemma?? :)

GottaHaveJC said...

Oh wow! That was some amazing wedding! Loved the pictures!

Cheyenne said...

You attend the dreamiest weddings....EVER!

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

love those photos! the hoops with the family pictures pinned to them is brilliant.

love that marmalade jar, too!!

Katie said...

Thank you SO much for you input!!! Now I do have a lot of white/creamy decor, do you think the oatmeal color works well with that too?? Sorry to bother you again, but I love your style and trust your input :)

Design A-Peele said...

absolutely gorgeous!!!! I mean one of the prettiest weddings I've ever seen :)

Lara said...

What a relaxing & beautiful wedding! Super photos.. that one with the pink roses in the narrow, silver bowl - INCREDIBLE.
xoxo, L

Rae Clausen said...

Thankyou thankyou thankyou my lovley Jana for you design,execution, and overall wonderful-ness! Vannessa, Rachel and You are such a dream team! Thankyou for these amazing pictures!

Terrell said...

Such beautiful beautiful pictures! I loved every one of them!! I can't get over how dreamy and fresh it must have been! wow!!
Happy Monday
~Terrell @ FFD~

Olive said...

That is an amazing wedding. I love the brown boots!
hugs ♥ olive

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos of a beautiful wedding! You all did a great job of decorating...I love it!

~Karen

LuLu said...

How i would love to plan a wedding like this... looks like so much fun... love the details!!
xo,
LuLu

Valerie said...

How simple, elegant, rustic, natural,,,,,BEAUTIFUL!!!

XO,
Valerie

Lovely Little Nest said...

What a gorgeous wedding! I love the navy dresses and brown boots combo ~ I wonder where the boots are from?

Love the dinnerware, too!

Michelle Hughes said...

that wedding is beautiful!
I adore ironstone and have about 15 of those marmalade jars... I love them!

Polly said...

breathtaking!

Unknown said...

Loving the rustic, romantic feel of it all! So Beautiful!

whimages said...

I'm in LOVE with EVERYTHING at this wedding! It's so much more special that she did it herself! I LOVE the personal touches and the detail...thanks so VERY much for sharing! Everything is stunning!

I wanted to let you know that I KNOW you are a busy busy lady but I received a fun blog award and I wanted to pass it on to you. Please don't feel obligated to do it, I just wanted you to know that I HEART your blog and I think you are a sweet lady! The award is on my blog if you want to see it and it's called A BLOG OF SUBSTANCE!

Claire said...

I have two of those James Keiller & Sons Marmalade jars in my bathroom- one for toothbrushes and one with a lid for q-tips. I used to live in Dundee so I adore them and am happy to find someone else to share the love!

Carrie Ann Eddleman said...

What a gorgeous wedding & photography. Your ironstone collection is lovely.
: ) carrie

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

What an awesome DIY wedding Love the details!

Kiri said...

What a beautiful wedding! DIY weddings are the best! And what gorgeous photos!

~Kiri

Darla said...

I am in the middle of planning my daughter's wedding. This wedding here is so adorable. Love every photo!!!

Jenny said...

Wow, gorgeous. I love the touches and the casualness and the calm beauty of this whole event.

Thanks for inviting us along.

I'm sorry you're not mailing all of us cake, though.

Preppy Mama said...

Oh what beautiful photos, looks like a gorgeous wedding!

VS said...

Love, love, love the wedding...think your pics are absolutely inspired! This bride & your photography is a match made in heaven...maybe even better then her new hubby! lol Anywho...thanks for sharing...loved it.
Smiles,
Susie

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

What a gorgeous wedding!! I love everything about it! Seriously....my kind of affair!!

Just found your blog and I love it! I am a follower and I will be back...

Lou Cinda :)

Joyeful said...

These pictures are so beautiful!!! I LOVE all the roses and lace! Simply romantic!!

I got my apron in the mail about a week ago and I'm IN LOVE. Seriously!! And those earrings are so perfectly me. I just blogged about it, dear!!

Heaven is a Cupcake said...

Wow what a beautiful wedding and beautiful photos :)

Maria said...

Truly amazing that Rae was able to pull together such a lovely wedding in so short a time.